Quarter Life Crisis
Lazy Blogging (More Fun and Crazy Web Bits)
I'm lazy today, but I actually felt like blogging. So here's a bunch more links and video clips to entertain you...
First off, Maroon 5 is finally going to release their sophomore album titled, "It Won't Be Soon Before Long"
five years after their debut album sold over 6 million copies and spawned five Top 10 singles in the US alone. For being pop music, I was pretty damned impressed with the songwriting and musicianship on the first album. I was looking forward to the next album and it's finally here. I must say, I was skeptical that the band could come back with a solid record after not putting one out for five years. Well, the first single "Makes Me Wonder" is out and it's pretty freaking good. Sounds like Michael Jackson or Prince singing over Morris Day and the Time with a bit of Stevie Wonder and a dash of Justin Timberlake's solo stuff. Nice and funky. Check it out here
Here's the trippiest toilet training video
I've ever seen (from Japan of course).
Here's a phony tribute to American servicemen
done in the style of a cheesy country ballad. This might seem offensive, but I'd be willing to guess most of our boys overseas would find this pretty funny.Here's SNL's take
on what John Mayer and Jessica Simpson's relationship must be like. (I love John Mayer but I question his decision to date Jessica Simpson. I guess he's a boob guy.) Also on that page the SNL classic, Canteen Boy
.Here's a hilarious mash-up
of clips from "Anchorman" and the dialogue from the preview for the movie "300". I think it actually might be funnier than the entire movie "Anchorman".
This dude either has a shitload of time on his hands or is just really good with a ping pong ball. Never play beer pong with this guy
. Even if it's fake, still pretty cool.
This is by far the most awesome video for a European Dance Party
on a cable access channel I've ever seen. Hahahaha!This guy
paints a large depiction of Bruce Lee using only black paint and his fists of fury.
Labels: lazy, music, new album, videos, youtube
Sesame Street, Relived
I know you all remember these.
Labels: sesame street, videos, youtube
... about the lack of posts lately (as if anyone actually reads this anyway), but I've been busy as hell at work as well in the personal life arena. Makes for some good stories and such which I'll hopefully share soon. Stay tuned.
Labels: future posts, lazy
Opening Day (UPDATED & IN ORDER!)
I'll get to my Opening Day post later, but until then check out these fine clips & links from around the net...Sad Kermit
- A brilliant cover of NIN's "Hurt" as done by our favorite green friend which parodies the Johnny Cash version of the song. Very funny.Peanut Butter: The Atheists Worst Nightmare
- This absolutely ridiculous video attempts to debunk evolution by basically saying that since new life doesn't spontaneously pop up in random jars of peanut butter, there is no way that evolution is possible. Both scary (that people actually believe this) and funny (because people do
actually believe this) at the same time. I feel dumber for watching it.Free Google Broadband!
- See if you can figure this one out. I did."My Humps", by Alanis Morissette
- Alanis does a parody version of My Humps by The Black Eyed Peas that shows how truly fucking ludicrous the song is. Not that I'm a big Alanis Morissette fan, but props to her for making fun of this most laughable of pop songs.The Fab Faux
- A truly great Beatles tribute band doing a note for note perfect cover of "I Am The Walrus" on David Letterman. Also worth checking out: While My Guitar Gently Weeps
, Dear Prudence
, Magical Mystery Tour (clip),
and Drive My Car
.Simpsons Couch Joke
- The couch gag at the beginning of an episode of "The Simpsons" is one of the best known running jokes on TV. This past weeks episode featured the longest couch gag of them all (about 4 billion years long that is). My favorite of all time (at least that I can recall). Mencia ripping off Cosby
- One of the worst comedians in pop culture, Carlos Mencia, stealing a joke straight from Bill Cosby.
Labels: funny, misc, music, religion, videos, youtube