Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Monday, June 20, 2005

"Holy Movie of the Summer Batman"

Last night I went with the family for a post-father's day dinner, movie outing. We all easily decided on seeing the new "Batman Begins" since it looked so damn cool in the previews. Well it certainly lived up to expectations.

An all star cast, a great story, special effects that were good but not overdone. By far the most realistic adaptation of a comic book to film ever done. That's the key in this film. Great sci-fi/fantasy/action-adventure flicks make the impossible seem attainable, the unbelievable seem plausible, and the supernatural seem wondrously real. All this without seeming overdone or too bombastic. For once an action film where you could feel real emotion.

I'd say it was the best of all the Batman movies so far, and maybe go as far as saying it's the best superhero film ever. Don't take it from me though, see for yourself.

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates