Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Monday, March 06, 2006

An Eye for Talent

Apparently, I know a great movie when I see one. This is evident by the fact that Crash surprised most of the audience (and I think even the producers and directors of the movie itself) and pulled away with the Oscar for best picture.

I actually called the top four big prizes last night. Best Actor (Philip Seymour Hoffman for "Capote"), Best Director (Ang Lee for "Brokeback Mountain"), Best Actress (Reese Witherspoon for "Walk the Line"), and of course Best Picture. I was particularly happy to see Reese Witherspoon win since I actually saw "Walk the Line" and she's really fucking good in it. She and Joaquin Phoenix are dead on as Johnny and June.

John Stewart had a great joke last night after The Three 6 Mafia (a gangsta rap group) won the Oscar for best original song for "It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp," from the "Hustle and Flow" soundtrack:

"So for those of you who are keeping score that's Martin Scorsese, zero Oscars; Three 6 Mafia... One."

Speaking of excellent talent, I noticed Drew posted a few seconds of a really good demo version of a new song he recorded Friday night. Head on over the The Formula Kid blog to hear the clip.

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates