Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Monday, November 17, 2003
I just went up to the store to get some dinner and bring some soup to my mom since she wasn't feeling well. Instead of going through the express lane, I decided to try the self checkout lane where you scan all your own stuff. It severely "rocks the Cazbah" (sorry for stealing your recent 80's punk rock reference Liam). If you have half a brain, more than a 6th grade education, and an ounce of computer knowledge that is. I obviously had no problems with it since I am really good with computers and gadgets, but there were some bumbling idiots there who I guess didn't quite get it. It's not perfect though, I almost had to flip my Tippin's key lime pie upside-down to get it to read the bar code since it was on the top of the pie lid. This would have been bad since it had whipped cream all over the top of it. And I don't recommend using it if you have a lot of produce items or other things without a bar code since you have to do a search and find in a book for the item code and then weigh it using the built in scale. Probably more trouble than it's worth. Maybe they could just have product stickers next to each type of produce with a bar code that identifies each type of fruit or veggie when you weigh it. Other than that, it was perfect. Faster than waiting behind old ladies digging for change in the express lane, and it takes credit, debit, check (you have to give it to the self checkout attendant), and even accepts cash like a standard vending machine. Hopefully as the rest of the world becomes more computer literate more of these things will pop up here and there.

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates