Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Thursday, March 11, 2004
I just got done finalizing all the reservations for my vacation coming up in mid-April. Starting on the 16th we do three nights in Daytona, three nights in Orlando, and three nights in Key West, then one more recovery night in Orlando before we fly back home on the 26th. I get a free rental car for a week while I am down there too as well as two free day passes to Universal Studios in Orlando.

I think while we're in Daytona we may hit the Kennedy Space Center, spend at least one day at the beach, and maybe do a sailboat / fishing excursion on our third day. Then its back to Orlando for Universal Studios, maybe a day at the Disney complexes, or possibly a day atDiscovery Cove where we might do some swimming with dolphins. Then the 8 hour drive down to Key West during which I'm sure we'll stop at some points of interest along the way. While in Key West I'm sure we'll do at least one full day at the beach, maybe do some parasailing, and I definitely want to do some snorkeling and rent some jet skis. I've heard the water averages only about 12 feet deep throughout the keys, even several miles out into the ocean. You can take a jet ski or a boat into the ocean miles away from land, drop anchor near a sandbar, and wade in water only 3 feet deep or do some diving near a reef. Pretty cool if you ask me.

I also found out we'll be in Daytona during National Black College Reunion weekend. Over 100,000 black college students on spring break all on Daytona beach. National recording artists such as Jay-Z, Nelly, Eminem, and Lil Kim will be performing nightly. This should be interesting. I hope that doesn't sound racist but I just have a feeling it will be a huge culture shock.

Anyway, it should be a good time all around and I'm sure I'll have plenty to post about when I get back.

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates