Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Thursday, March 11, 2004
Last night right before I hit the sack, I happened to catch some Championship Table Tennis (Ping Pong) on ESPN2 and I'll have to admit, it's pretty neat to watch. Its amazing to see how fast the ball is moving and that usually the players are standing several feet (sometimes 15' or so) from the back of the table at each side. I suppose all it takes is practice, a good eye, and excellent hand eye coordination, but I don't see how they can smash that ball as hard as they can and still get it to drop in right on the back edge of the table from that far away. In addition the competitors were adding all sorts of drop and spin shots so that sometimes when the ball would hit the table it would it would bounce off on a strange angle due to the rotation. Pretty cool though, check it out if you get a chance. Reminded me of that scene in Forrest Gump in a way, except he wasn't playing against a commie.

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates