Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Thursday, July 01, 2004
OK, so my 'puter at home is just about back the way I had it (with the exception that now it kicks more ass) and I guess I'll try to get back on the blogger trail.

The float trip was awesome as always this year (although delaying it until late June proved not to matter much) and we all had great drunken fun for 36 hours or so. The weather was perfect (not really for swimming but just for being outdoors) and with the exception of a spot of rain early Saturday morning, it was bright and sunny all weekend. Friday night was complete debauchery with Keith, Laura, and a certain other fellow camper all drinking a bit too much thusly loosing their liquid dinner. Not to mention Lindsay picking up Mr. Black/Jew (no racial offense there, just a strange combination) Universe, the man they call Zebulon. For the most part he was an allright dude, except for his extreme vanity and narcissism. I swore if he said one more word about how he had 0% body fat (which is impossible) I would have taken my whiffle ball bat to his 'superiorly lean' melon. Big props to Cassandra for breaking out the Mahi-Mahi later in the evening and letting me grill some of those fishies up. Tasty stuff.

The actual float itself was much nicer than past years since it wasn't raining and the sun was shining nice and bright. I thought the river wouldn't be so crowded since it wasn't a holiday weekend like in past years, but boy was I wrong. The first two hours or so of the float were like a scene from party cove at the Lake of the Ozarks (to an extent). It was even tough to navigate the raft through some of the areas where tons of people were docking their boats and partying on the beach. But after lunchtime it was nice and relaxing. I took what seemed like a pretty harmless fall out of the back of the raft and into the water while attempting to save a jello shot, but I ended up swallowing about a pint of river water and getting half of my body trapped under the boat. Not to mention that when I popped back up the raft was less than two feet from slamming into a tree along the shore. But hey, I saved the shot (although no one ever did drink that one). I took another pretty mean spill trying to pull the weight of two rafts, three coolers, and eight people through a low part of the river. Right on to my ass. Smashed some fingers with my paddle in the process as well (they still hurt).

After the float, got to relax in the hammock for a bit and then slapped some meat on the grill and started drinking again. Made the best fire I've made since probably Boy Scouts, as it was roaring hot and gave off plenty of light. Saturday nights are always rough after a float cause everyone wants to sleep at different times. Some people nap for a few hours right after the float, others stay up and just pass out early that evening. I of course, did neither (with the exception of my 20 min hammock nap).

Everyone busted out pretty early on Sunday morning which was unfortunate and very unlike years past. I would have much liked to have tossed around the 'bee or smacked some softballs. But at least the drive back was nice. And I made it back in time for the Cards game.

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates