Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Thursday, October 28, 2004

"The Curse" is over, Congrats to the BoSox

The following paragraphs are taken verbatim from a message board post that I wrote on AOL, just minutes ago.

To Boston Fans,

Your wait is over. The Red Sox deserve it. Congratulations. As a guy who lived & breathed Cardinals baseball all season long, (I only missed maybe 6 games on the TV and attended at least 20) I tip my hat to the Sox. They are my favorite AL team, and I was rooting for a Cards v. Sox World Series. I got it. Unfortunately the Cards played nothing like the Redbirds I knew all year, and on a world stage they looked like the Bad News Bears (no disrespect to the Sox, they played like champions should). I was hoping to watch a big game 7 this Sunday with all my friends (Cards and Sox fans both) and cheer until the final strike, but unfortunately destiny had different plans. Enjoy the end of the "curse" and please celebrate with passion, but be safe. Maybe we'll hook up around the same time next year.

To Cardinals Fans,

Yes, this was a miserable series, and our Redbirds didn't look like the same team we all know and love. I'm as disappointed as you are. Not that we lost, but the way that we lost. The team that was build around good base running, a solid bullpen, a meaty lineup, and taking advantage of mistakes, failed miserably in all four of those areas. But keep you chin up. We were expected to finish third in our own division this year, but came one win away from finishing with the best record in team history, and still finished with the best record in the majors, the most runs scored, and the least runs allowed in the NL (among a multitude of other record breaking stats). We got to see 112 wins (if you include the playoffs), three potential MVP's play all year, a great NLDS and NLCS, multiple come from behind victories and walk off homers..... oh, and we beat the Cubs in the season series. This was one of the best seasons in Cardinals history, World Series win or not. My greatest moment as a sports fan came just last week, as I watched Jim Edmonds bottom of the 12th, 2 run walk off homer sail right under my feet while standing in the upper deck to send our series to a game seven. Never forget this season ... old Jack sure wouldn't.


Jeff Nunn
Rngofpower@aol.com

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates