Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Northern Lights

So, I missed my chance to see the Aurora Borealis (otherwise known as the Northern Lights) the other night here in St. Louis. It's a rare occasion to see the lights so far south of the Arctic region (where they occur almost nightly) and on Monday night, the conditions were perfect for viewing. Rarely, major sun spots and solar flares cause the electromagnetic waves to drift so far south, and with the sky being as perfectly clear as it was that night, I'm kicking myself for not getting out of the city limits to take a look. Oh well, maybe in another couple of years. Here's a photo from the KSDK News Channel 5 website that someone took from just outside St. Charles:


A view from just outside the reach of the bright St. Louis lights. Posted by Hello

If anyone is interested in seeing some more cool photos of the lights, check out this website, or do a Google image search for "Northern Lights".

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates