Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Friday, January 20, 2006

Televised Video Games

Anyone remember the movie "The Wizard" from the 80's with Fred Savage about the kid who goes cross country to compete in a massive video game tournament? Well that concept is finally coming to life via Direct TV. I know that you can already compete via the internet on console systems like Xbox and Playstation 2. The difference here is that Direct TV will actually be televising the competitions. And not just watching guys play games on a couch either. Direct TV has actually developed "new technology that allows for the placement of cameras within an actual video game," by manipulating some code within the game software itself. So it will be covered like a sporting event. Player bios and interviews, overhead cameras and instant replays. Not that I would ever actually watch that sort of thing.

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates