Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Saturday, September 09, 2006

I Knew It Was Worthless

Ha! I knew it all along. Most homework is a fucking useless waste of time. I knew it by the time I was 9 or 10 years old that the bullshit busy work that most of my "teachers" sent home with me wasn't teaching me a God-damn thing. More importantly it was cutting into my mastery of the original Legend of Zelda game as well as my baseball practice time.

In all seriousness though, I stopped doing homework around that time pretty much for good. Other than major projects, (both group and individual) essays, and papers, I didn't do a lick of homework unless I absolutely had to - i.e., in classes where homework counted towards more than 25% of your grade. These were also the classes I tended to get the worst grades in oddly enough.

Somehow I made it all the way through Jr. high, high school, and college and barely ever cracked a book. I was still placed in accelerated courses going into both Jr. High and high school, still performed well on my standardized testing each year, got a 29 on my ACT, and a 1380 on my SAT, and graduated from college with a 3.4 GPA. All of this just by paying attention in class (except for Bonnie Gillham's) and absorbing the material that was presented too me.

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates