Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Monday, November 17, 2003
Last night on Sports Plus I saw an interview with my boy, Cardinals centerfielder Jim Edmonds. He's been the subject of some pretty insane trade rumors lately, which I've already discussed here and here. When asked if he was willing to take a pay cut to stay in St. Louis, he basically said that he already had. He stated that he told Walt (Jocketty the Cardinals G.M.) that he was willing to give back to the team more than 50% of what he was contracted to make if he could stay here in a Cards uniform, and if the team would use that money to go out and find pitching. He was then asked why he would so such a thing especially since he has two young daughters in LA where he may be eventually traded too. His response was that "he absolutely loves this town, and the fans". He also stated that he has made a ton of great friends here and that he adores the tradition of Cardinals baseball. That a boy Jimmy. For my money, you can play here till your 50 years old if you want.

Also, keep your fingers crossed that Pujols wins the NL MVP over that whinny bitch Barry Bonds tomorrow.

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates