Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Thursday, February 19, 2004
And so I ran..... for 35 minutes straight yesterday. And now I hurt.

I decided that since I rubbed a blister on Tuesday while rollerblading (due to one of my skates not being tight enough) that I would go jogging for my exercise last night so as not to aggravate the blister further. I started off well enough, but about halfway in I absolutely had to stop and walk for a bit. Only for one minute though, then it was back to the jog. I ended up walking one more time for a few seconds about 27 minutes in cause I felt like my chest cavity was going to explode. But I pushed on for the last few minutes and then once my stop watch went off, I walked the rest of the way home as a cool down. All told I figure I covered about 3 miles at the pace I was running. I used to run a 7 minute mile back in school and although I wasn't doing nearly that fast yesterday, I figured even the fat kids were completing mile runs in like 11 or 12 minutes. Three miles is a long way to run without stopping when you haven't even attempted to run a mile in 8 years or so. It took me about 15 - 20 minutes to get my heart rate back to normal after I got back to my house and today I had trouble walking up the stairs my legs hurt so bad. See the difference between rollerblading and running is simple. Friction and Potential energy. I can glide along with ease as I get tired when I am skating, and my body has tons of potential energy as my momentum carries me along on the wheels. When I get tired of jogging, I can't really do much but stop and walk. And I hate giving up so easily. Maybe I need to load my IPod with "Eye of the Tiger" to help me through those tough moments.

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates