Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Saturday, July 24, 2004
I missed it by a whole day, but following Liam's lead, here's my Friday questions answered:

1) What moment from what movie still makes you laugh out loud - no matter how many times you see it?

The scene in Half Baked where Kenny (Harland Williams) is petting the police officer's horse outside the convieneince store.  He says to the horse while holding a large bag snack of foods in his arms "Are you hungry girl?".  Less than a half second later, a previously unnoticed and very obese black woman turns around and replies "Fuck you nigga!".  I laughed so hard I couldn't breath the first time I saw that. 

2) What moment from what movie still makes you cry like a baby - no matter how many times you see it?

I'm kind of a little bitch (for an adult male) when it comes to really touching and emotional stories, so there's probably quite a few.  But the one that's guaranteed to get me choked up every time is Rudy.  I've probably seen it well over 10 times in my life and I just can't help myself during the last 15 minutes or so of that movie.  That one kind of hits home for me.

3) What moment from what movie made you actually turn your head from the screen - either in fear, revulsion, or contempt for the fact that you actually paid money to see the film?
 
I'm easily entertained by movies and thus not very critical of them.  So there's only a handful of movies that I've ever been so disappointed in I felt like it was a waste of money and I can't remember any of them right now.  But there was a scene in Saving Private Ryan, the Normandy Beach sequence specifically, that was so realistically violent I had to leave the theater.  I'm not easily grossed out by slasher flick type gore or people getting their heads bitten off by Aliens, but truly realistic violence is a tough pill for me to swallow.  Especially since this stuff truly happened and we were sitting in the front row of the theater.  I had to leave for a few minutes and go splash some water on my face. 

BONUS) What is one single moment from a film that is indelibly etched in your brain? Not a scene or a sequence exactly, but three or four seconds from a movie that contain an image or phrase or concept that transcends normal movies?

I know there are several of these types of moments for me, but since I just mentioned this movie, I would have to say a line delivered by Tom Hanks character to (Capt. John Miller) as he is about to die in Saving Private Ryan.  He says to Private Jack Ryan two simple words..... "Earn this."  Powerful stuff right there. 

Five Movies I Not Only Own, But Watch Regularly, Which I Shouldn't Admit To But I'm Braver Than You So I Will
 
Like Liam I too own and watch The Princess Bride but am not at all ashamed of it.  I have a couple of Disney flicks that I certainly won't brag about owning.  I've watched a bunch of movies on cable that I really enjoyed and I'll admit are a bit embarrassing to reveal.  One that sticks out is called Where the Heart Is.  Another that I rented on video a while back is a chick flick called Sliding Doors, but is probably one of the best romantic "watch it with your girlfriend" type of movies out there.

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates