Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Friday, January 27, 2006

John Mayer Trio Bitchslaps Music Videos

Hahaha! What a clever son-of-a-bitch. John continues to impress with his new John Mayer Trio. They just released the video for their first single "Who Did You Think I Was?" Instead of going for a flashy, style over substance video with dancing girls, parties, hot cars, big sets and lots of pyrotechnics, John went for a more subtle approach. Very subtle. (You'll have to click the video link on that page for yourself.)

The video consists of this...

A record playing.

That's it! Just a 3 minute video of a record spinning! Nothing more. What a great idea. He's basically saying "Helloooooo, people! Let's focus on what's really important in music... The Fucking MUSIC!"

Of course MTV and VH1 would never play this on the air because they SUCK MONKEY BALLS, so I'm sure Sony/BMG/Columbia made them do this other version for television purposes. (Again you'll have to click the video link on that page for yourself.) Oh well. At least the second version is pretty stripped down too.

BTW, While looking for these vids, I stumbled upon John's MySpace page.

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates