Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Monday, March 27, 2006

A String Quartet Tribute to... Limp Bizkit??

While browsing for some Cd's at Borders and Best Buy on Saturday I ran across something that made me regurgitate my breakfast in my mouth a little. A line of String Quartet Tribute Cd's.

This isn't really all that new of a concept. Most of us have heard symphonic Zeppelin, Beatles, or Floyd. Most of those are well performed, well arranged, and sound like an interesting take on rock music. Those particular bands as well as many others of that era had music that translated well into orchestral arrangements. This new line of Cd's however had some questionable choices for tribute material. Here's a list of a few of the more questionable bands they chose for a string quartet tribute:

Garbage, Nirvana, No Doubt, AC/DC, Sum 41, Beyonce, 3 Doors Down, Audioslave, Limp Bizkit, Nickleback, Fall Out Boy, Switchfoot, Disturbed, Dashboard Confessional, Evanescence, Foo Fighters, Godsmack, Guns n' Roses, Iron Maiden, Incubus, Janet Jackson, Jane's Addiction, Korn, Linkin Park, Mudvayne, Marylin Manson, etc, etc, etc,....

You get the idea. Korn, Disturbed, and Mudvayne re-arranged for a string quartet. Hmmm, I wonder what that sounds like. I haven't heard any of it so I won't pass judgement on how it sounds and I'll give them props for pulling it off if they actually did so. But the big question is, is this really necessary? And who the hell would buy a string quartet tribute to Limp Bizkit? Really? I'm guessing that your average Bizkit fan is not a classical music enthusiast.

If you would like to check out the rest of the bands, or God for bid buy one of these things you can check out their website here.

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates