Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Thursday, October 26, 2006

2006 World Series: Game 3

Wow! What can I say about my first World Series Game ever? Awesome baby! What an experience. It just so happened to be the first WS game played in the new stadium, which made it that much more exciting (a good story for the grandkids one day).

Monday I got a call at work from the Executive Producer of MLB Broadcast Operations. He was needed a bunch of gear setup at the stadium the next morning (some staging, drapes, etc). I told him we could do it no problem and he asked how he should arrange to pay for it. I told him we accept cash or check but not credit cards (which is what he wanted to pay with). So I tossed out the suggestion that we might be able to barter our gear and labor for some WS tickets. It was a shot in the dark... but it worked. We ended up getting 4 tickets for game three, 2 for game four, and 2 for game five. Whoo Hoo!! To say the least I was pumped.

My brother and I met my dad down near "Stan" to pickup the tickets and head to our seats (which were in section 454, row 7, seats 7 & 8). We walked in just in time to see the Clydesdales circle the stadium. Grabbed a beer without waiting and made it to our seats in plenty of time. I was just a bit chilly there in the upper deck behind home plate as the wind was gusting in from the outfield pretty good. We somehow knew we'd manage to survive the whole game though. The fans around us were great, although we did have two sets of Detroit fans near us. One of those fans happened to have something special with them. The best Fem-mullet I've ever laid eyes on. Check it out...

I think I moved the camera a bit as I took the picture (since she was turning around at the moment) and missed the glory that is the top of that mullet. A full 3 inches of spikey hair laid on top of that noggin. Wow, talk about a great way to start the game.

Here's my bro and I before the pre-game festivities had begun.


Announcing the lineups & walking in the flag.


The Waving of the Flag.


The pregame was cool (other than Trace Adkins version of the Star Spangled Banner) and it was nice to see everyone go crazy when they announced Yadi. The FA-18 flyover may have been one of the most intense things I've ever seen. Since we were sitting behind home plate in the upper deck and they came in from the outfield, it looked like they were flying right at us. They couldn't have been much more than 300' or so (probably less) above the upper deck when they passed over. I can't imagine what it would have been like to be driving down Highway 40 near the stadium as the planes bolted overhead.

As you all know by now, the game was absolutely excellent. Jimmy Ballgame came through in the clutch and got the big hit while Carp dominated the Tigers lineup. He was seriously dealing that night. The top half of each inning seemed like they lasted no longer than the commercial breaks. What an unbelievable performance. The only thing I was concerned about baseball wise is that we left 11 runners on base. We're going to have to start bringing a couple of those boys home unless you expect the Cardinals staff to pitch a shutout every night.

That's a winner!.


My bro and I, partying in the seats.


My bro and I again before we head out.


Maybe if I'm lucky, I'll be posting another one of these tomorrow about tonight's game!!

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates