Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Monday, September 25, 2006

Can it Get Any Worse?

Damn! How bad does a four game sweep suck against a division rival who still has a mathmatical chance of catching you and winning the division with one week left in the regular season? My vote is that it sucks really, really, really bad. Unacceptable. The bitter pesimistic side of me hopes we get swept by the Padres, and only win one against the Brewers and that Houston runs the table and catches us in the standings. I hate to say this but I would almost rather miss the playoffs than to get swept in embarrasing fashion in the first round on national televsion. Of course anything can happen in the playoffs.

Potentially Carp, Soup, and Reyes could come out and throw three gems and we could sweep the first series. Not very likely since we will almost certainly be playing the Mets (since Philly will make the wild card, and we will have the lowest record of any NL playoff team) and we won't have home field advantage.

I get to go to my last game of the year tonight. The mighty "Soup" pitches for us. Hopefully we can surge here in the last week and get into the first round with a bit of momentum. Something we haven't done the past two years.

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates