Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Friday, February 16, 2007

Red & A.J.

I tell you what, if this picture doesn't warm your baseball loving heart on a cold winters day, you have no soul.



Yup, that's Red Schoendist sitting and talking baseball with little 6 year old A.J. Pujols. I saw that on the cover of the St Louis Post Dispatch yesterday and was immediately taken aback. What a cool photo. Looks like it could be a Norman Rockwell painting.

Wow! Apparently I'm not the only one who sees the significance of this picture. Brian Burwell wrote a whole story on it.

From the article...

"Red was decked out in his Cardinal uniform, and A.J. wore shorts, sneakers and a T-shirt. The kid was pounding his glove and smiling. The old man seemed to be smiling, too. They seemed lost in a delightful baseball conversation, the Hall of Fame baseball elder and the wide-eyed son of new baseball royalty.

A little boy dreaming, and an old man reminiscing.

I smiled because suddenly I felt like a little boy, too."

Labels: , ,

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates