Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Monday, October 13, 2003
Whew, that was a long weekend. After my long and stressful day at work on Friday I decided to run home, shit, shower, and shave and then head down to the Majestic to have some drinks and watch the hockey game. Unfortunately since the Cubs - Marlins game was in extra innings I had to watch on the little tube above the bar. Whilst watching the game I argued with Dave Mach about how I thought that a Cubs - Red Sox world series would be interesting and about how he thought I should be banned from St. Louis for saying that I would like to see the Cubs even win a game. That was a fruitless argument as I should have known from the beginning. (Never engage in an argument about sports, music, politics, or religion with someone whom you couldn't talk about philosophy or literature with, especially if they have been drinking) Anyway, I then won two game of darts to round out the time at the bar. Later on I headed back to Pete's house to drink a few more brews and watch The Two Towers on DVD. After staying out way to late at Pete's, I ran home and hit the hay around 6 AM.

On Sat I woke around 9 AM after a measly three hours of drunken sleep and then headed off to work. At noon we had to load 2 fifty three foot tractor-trailers full of gear to be ready for a load in the next day for a huge concert we are producing in Alton, IL. Twas some hard work, but at least I had plenty of "shop monkeys" to help me out. We didn't finish until around 5 PM. Normally after a long day at work with a very few hours of drunken sleep I would go home and take a nappy poo before heading out for the evening. But alas, I could not. I had a wedding to attend. So I ran home and got all cleaned up and headed out. I ended up not going to the actual wedding since it was at 6 PM and I didn't even get home till around 5:45. But the reception was nice and the food and free drink are always a welcome break after a long day at work. Stayed for the whole reception and then had to run back to work in my suit for about an hour to get some equipment from one truck to another. Luckily one of my shop guys, Kevin, had brought a friend with him to help out so I didn't have to do any work while I was in my fancy schmancy suit. While they were finishing up at the shop I headed over to the Billy Goat Bar across the street to catch the last few songs of The Drew Johnson Band. I must say they are pretty damn good. I have heard Drew perform in solo acoustic mode before, but never with his new band. They closed their set with a kick ass cover of "Helter Skelter". After all was said and done at work, I made a run for the border and then headed home to eat and pass out.

Sunday I actually got some decent sleep for once, but I still had to go into work. Helped Karyn move a TV from her aunt's house on the way in. Got to work about 5 PM and busted out all the shit we needed to get done in quite a hurry. Even got the shop all cleaned up and everything back in place as well. Came home about 9 PM just in time to watch the Blues beat the Avalanche and eat some grub. Probably gonna do some fun stuff now like balance the old checkbook and pay some bills. Exciting.

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates