Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Wednesday, January 28, 2004
I have to give a "shout out" to MODot for the job they did working the roads in the past few days. Snow is hard enough to deal with on the roads but ice is truly a bitch. Especially when it's falling just hours before the morning rush. I had absolutely no problems getting to or coming home from work on Monday or Tuesday (with the exception of a few well timed ice chunks melting & flying off the top of some 18-wheelers). No sliding, fish-tailing, peeling out, or anything of the sort (which could be simply due to my exceptional driving skills). There was nothing but clean asphalt for me to drive on the whole time. In fact, it took only five to ten minutes longer for me to get all the way downtown during the AM rush hours the past two days. Not too shabby. I actually arrived earlier than I usually would when the roads are clean.

Right now the temperature outside is a brisk nine degrees and is expected to drop to about five degrees with wind chills in the negative teens. Hopefully that will be our low point for the winter and there's nowhere else to go but up. Only about one month left now until the first signs of spring start peeping out from behind the cold chill of winter. Bring it on, I'm about done with winter.

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates