Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Thursday, March 18, 2004
As I was flipping through my newest Stuff magazine that came in the mail the other day, I stumbled upon a picture of this hottie and was struck by the notion that this was a face I recognized from the past (Click here for the full interview). Her name is Nikki Boyer and for those of us St. Louisans who watched after-school cartoons on KPLR Channel 11 during the early nineties, you may recognize her as the host of "Channel 11 Kids!" that ran little spots during commercial breaks and in between shows. I think she may have even had a stint here singing for Superfunk Fantasy while they were still here in St. Louis, but that's unconfirmed. I also saw her quite a few times around the campus at Webster my first year there if I remember correctly.

Anyway, it's good to know she's doing well for herself and is now living in LA and working for The Learning Channel as the host of Perfect Proposal, a show that helps guys plan and follow through with their uber-romantic and covert engagement plans. She also now sings for a pop rock band called The Spirit Theory that sounds a bit like a toned down female coffeehouse version of Dishwalla or Third Eye Blind. Nikki also has her own solo act and has performed on several female oriented tribute albums to bands like Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, AC/DC, and The Rolling Stones (Click the links to see the discs and listen to samples). Maybe someday soon we'll even be hearing about bigger things from her. Best of luck!

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates