Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Friday, April 30, 2004
While I was gone there were some interesting developments in the world of St. Louis sports. Apparently the night after the Blues were eliminated from the playoffs by the San Jose Sharks, Blues forward Mike Danton (actual name Mike Jefferson) was arrested on conspiracy to murder charges. He supposedly contacted a young female acquaintance and asked her to set up a hit on his agent / mentor / gay lover at his apartment in Brentwood. Fucking crazy. Too bad also, I thought Danton played really well for the note this year and he was one of my favorite new additions. More than a competent replacement for fan favorite Tyson Nash. I could care less if he's gay or not. But I certainly wouldn't want him shaking things up on the team if the charges indeed turn out to be true.

In other news, Leonard Little is in some hot water again with his third D.U.I. since joining the Rams. Geez, you'd think after you killed someone while driving drunk that you'd be a little more careful about drinking and driving. For Christ sake dude, you make a couple of million dollars a year!! Rent a fucking Cadillac Escalade limo and ride in style next time you want to get sauced. If he's convicted, as much as I hate to say it because he's a damn good player, no more football for him. It seems that Bernie Miklasz of the St. Louis Post Dispatch agrees with me.

Speaking of football, the Rams released Kurt "don't hate me cause I love Jesus" Warner. It was really the only option they had. He cost too much and the shenanigans recently were only bringing the rest of the team down. He's a good guy and a damn fine quarterback (the hall of fame will take at least two more years of 1999 caliber performance though) but the team lost faith in him, and so did quite a few of the fans. I wish him the best. Only two things could possibly happen next year for Kurt. He'll either bust out of the gate and throw for 400 yard and 4 touchdowns a game like in 1999, or he'll get hurt again and toss up more interceptions than Tony Banks. This year will make or break his career.

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates