Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Monday, May 24, 2004
Looks like I may be reformatting the hard drive of my home computer and reinstalling all the software sometime this week. I've been having some minor problems with my beast for a while now, stuff I don't know how to fix on my own but it's nothing that's really affecting my computers performance. The biggest issue was the CD drive not being able to read or write discs, but I still had my DVD drive available to do that for me. There were a few other issues like not being able to stream video from the net, I had to download it first before I played it. I also have this program called "MessageApp" that always runs in the background and gives me problems when I try to shut the computer down. But yesterday I started getting the "blue screen of death" several times. Even when I got into Windows shit was all fucked up. It was in low color/res mode, and none of my networking stuff was working. I called Dell and worked out some of the bugs, and they are sending me a new CD drive. But I figure I've had my 'puter for two years now, and I think it's just time for a good start from scratch style cleanup. Did it for my dad's computer here at work and the thing runs as smooth as brand new. Plus I have that handy external hard drive to save all my important stuff on.

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates