Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Wednesday, June 02, 2004
I went and saw a movie in theaters last night for the first time since I saw ROTK back in December. It was pretty crowded for a Tuesday night although I imagine most colleges and even some high schools are out of session by now (one of the reasons I hate going to movies actually... fucking annoying kids, especially the ones on cell phones). Anyway, Karyn and I went to see the new disaster flick "The Day After Tomorrow". I wasn't too bad actually (I certainly liked it more than Justin over at "What Green Tastes Like") although I do agree with his analysis that the movie is very contrived and everything in it works out really "conveniently". It's a typical Hollywood blockbuster flick with big special effects (which are very good in this one), average acting (I'd have to say overall it was ok, but really cheesy and dry at some points), and a decent story line (I thought the concept behind this one was great and very interesting, although they stretched believability at some points). If you're looking for a flick that you don't need to invest a lot of brain power in and just want some special efx laden entertainment, smoke a jib and plop down 4 bucks to go catch the rush hour show. Other wise wait till this comes out on DVD (unless you're a really into climatology). Besides no disaster flick can ever touch the likes of "Hard Rain" or "Deep Impact". He-he.

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates