Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Somebody Slap Me

We all have our guilty pleasures. My most recent is a new video by the original American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson. Most of you know I hate the show, but that's because of the premise not the performers. The video is for the first single "Since You've Been Gone" from her second album "Breakaway". I've got my reasons for liking it too. First off, it's a rock song. Guitars, drums, bass, etc. Secondly, the song contains the classic pop formula of quiet verse, loud uplifting chorus with that particular chord progression that's hard to resist. The song is also the first I've heard from her that actually displays her true vocal talents in a manner that make them relevant to music today. And lastly, she looks pretty damn cute in the video. I'm sure some of you remember my attraction to brunette, "girl next door" type pop stars. So go ahead and give me shit, but at least I'm man enough to admit it.

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates