Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Monday, May 22, 2006

J.R. Richards Goes Solo

For those of you who don't know, I'm a huge Dishwalla fan. Yes, yes, that band that wrote that "tell me all your thoughts on God" song 10 years ago. Well since then they've put out some of the best "power pop" rock in the history of music. I'm not kidding. It boggles my mind why these guys aren't selling 10 million copies of every album they release. If you are into popular alternative rock with great melodies, soaring vocals, and some sweet sounds, please do yourself a favor and check 'em out.

At any rate, I learned today through Alternative Addiction that JR Richards, the lead singer, is going to put out a solo record. This worries me. Although it's exciting in one sense to hear what type of direction his music will go and that we have the promise of new material from the heart and soul of the band, I'm worried about the future of the "Dish". He swears that the band isn't breaking up but just on hiatus. These however, are famous last words. I can't tell you how many times I've heard this only to never see the band re-unite. Please, please JR, stick to your words, put out a great solo album, and then get back in the studio with the rest of the boys and put out the greatest pop rock album ever recorded.

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates