Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Blues Game

Went to my first Blues game in two years on Saturday night against Montreal. Even though we lost the game 3-4, it was a pretty damn good one as the Blues came back down 3-0 and tied the game with only a minute or so to play. Unfortunately those damn Canadiens came back with the go-ahead-goal only 30 seconds later. I was really looking forward to seeing OT and possibly my first live shootout. Got to wear my Jersey for only the second time in 2 years, the first time was to a bar during that unbelievable run we had back in January. I think we beat the Ducks (best team in hockey at the time) 6-2 on their "pond" that night. Maybe I'll go to another game so I can have a chance to wear my Team USA jersey.

Oh well, still had fun. Probably the best seats (in my opinion) I've ever had for a hockey game too. Section 103, Row Q I thinks. That's pretty much right on the center line and just above even with the top of the glass. Right behind the benches too. Those have to be some of the best seats in the house. Some people like being up on the glass which is cool because you see the players faces and hear the rink noise, but you miss a lot of the action. Some like being up higher so that you can see the plays develop better, see the whole rink at the same time, and you're not constantly looking back and forth. I think those seats give you a great combination of both worlds.

I've been really impressed so far this season with what the new ownership / management team has done. The kids (Stempniak, McClement, Backes) are all looking good, the prospects we have are looking pretty promising, and the trades they have made are all for the best too. They ownership is doing some pretty amazing promotions (see $7 season tickets) to win the fans back as well.

Anyway, after the game Karyn and I headed to Bugaloo in Maplewood to meet up with the gang and down some adult beverages for Lindsay's b-day. Afterwords I had my cheat meal for the week at Steak n' Shake in the form of a double bacon cheeseburger and large cheese fries. Cheating isn't always bad.

Sunday I watched the first Cardinals game on NBC in like 20 years. I haven't been following spring training much because like Scott, (who is back blogging again!) I was so emotionally drained from last season that I sort of took a step back and let things develop as they may during the winter and the spring. I did wash may Cards jersey for the first time in a year though. The same jersey I wore to all three home World Series games last year. Coincidence? You decide. Anyway, new season... clean jersey.

Labels: , ,

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates