Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Thursday, March 08, 2007

On A Diet

I'm on day four of my first official diet ever and so far things are looking up. It's a pretty strict regimen of low fat, low carb, high protein foods. It's definitely not easy to stick to, as the smell of the delicious fare from the Billy Goat wafts past through my building on a regular basis, and the snack box here at work is staring me down and teasing me hourly.

So far I've only cheated once on Tuesday by eating some leftovers (which weren't that bad) from Macaroni Grill (where I ate my last meal not on a diet on Sunday night). I have had about three beers each day, but they have all been Bud Selects (only 99 calories) and have all kept me within my 2000 calorie a day limit.

I'm currently weighing in between 163.5 and 165.5 pounds which is down from my normal weight of between 167 - 170. So I figure I've lost three pounds. This is so far without any exercise.

I bought some new tennis shoes and some athletic clothes on Sunday with the intention of hitting the gym this week, but I haven't found the time to make it yet. In case you're wondering what I'm chowing on, here's the basic info:


BREAKFAST - TOTAL CALORIE INTAKE: 412
One banana
One cup of Yoplait Light yogurt
One hard boiled egg w/ light salt
One cup of Naked brand fruit juice
One cup of black coffee

LUNCH - TOTAL CALORIE INTAKE: 396
One apple
One can of tuna w/ 1 tsp of light Miracle Whip
One hard boiled egg

MID-DAY SNACK - TOTAL CALORIE INTAKE: 292
One can of Ensure High Protein Meal replacement drink
One orange

DINNER - TOTAL CALORIE INTAKE: 578
One chicken breast (or piece of fresh fish
One cup of garden salad w/ light Italian dressing
One cup wild rice
One cup steamed veggies

TOTAL CALORIE INTAKE FOR DAY: 1678

That's actually a pretty insane diet if you think about it. 2000 calories is pretty low already for an adult male, and no less than 1800 is recommended, but I feel OK (other than Monday where I had a dizzy spell before I ate dinner) and haven't really felt hungry since Monday night.

I'd like to lose about 25 pounds of fat and gain about 10-15 pounds of muscle putting me at my ideal weight of 155 and toned. We'll see if that happens. I'd really be happy with losing 15 pounds of fat and gaining 5 lbs of muscle. That would put me at a healthy and slimmer 160. I guess we'll see what happens between now and the time I leave for Mexico. After that, I'm going back to eating real food. I'll probably keep working out when I get back, but I can't live without me some red meat at least a few times a week.

Labels: ,

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates