Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Saturday, September 27, 2003
I got to see my first hockey game of the season last night as the St. Louis Blues battled the Nashville Predators at the Savvis Center. A damn fine game it was too. And even though it was a preseason game, the atmosphere was just like any regular season game thanks to the surprisingly large crowd near about 75% capacity. Not bad for preseason vs. Nashville. The boys in blue played without top players such as Tkachuk, Mayers, Boguniecki, Pronger, and Jackman. We still won 4-1. As soon as I sat down, which was at about 5 minutes into the first period, got to see MacInnis blast a sweet slapshot past Thomas Vokoun. A good way to start my hockey watching season. Especially since we moved down to 9 rows behind the goal in the second period.

I was also impressed by a bunch of our rookies. One player to watch out for is Mike Danton formerly with the N.J. Devils. Since we traded Tyson Nash in the offseason, we needed to find someone to fill that energy/scrapper/pest role and hot damn have we found one. He started what ended up being about a 3 min. fight against someone quite larger than him and seemed to come out the victor. I'm anxious to see what this season holds for us. But I think we're off to a good start.

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates