Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Friday, October 24, 2003
I heard back in late September that New Line Cinema was going to run a Lord of the Rings Marathon the day before the third movie The Return of the King opened. Basically, a select few movie theaters in each city across the country were going to show The Fellowship of the Ring (extended edition) at 1:00 PM, followed by The Two Towers (extended edition) at 6:30 PM, followed by the stateside premier of the last movie The Return of the King which would start at midnight. To say the least I was pretty excited by this notion and was considering buying tickets. Unfortunately, the tickets went on sale October 9th and I was unaware. Apparently they sold out every seat for each theater in less than 20 minutes! I checked on E-bay to see what I could track down there without much luck. There seems to be a lot floating around out there for other cities but I only found one available ticket for the St. Louis showing and it was already up at $105 bucks with a few days still remaining on the auction. There were a couple I found in both Springfield, MO and Springfield, IL but that's a long way to travel to sit in a theater all day and night and then have to drive back. I guess it could be worst though. I could be attempting to get tickets in Hollywood, New York City, or Washington D.C. where tickets were going for about $500 a pop.

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates