Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Monday, October 13, 2003
While I was making some eats the other night in the kitchen, I was flipping through channels on the tube since there were no good sporting events on that night. I stopped on VH1 which is part of my regular channel flipping rotation. I caught the beggining of this show called "The Fabulous Life of....." which is esentially just like "Lifestyles of the Rich and The Famous". The host even sounds like Robin Leach. Anyway, it highlights things like how J-Lo spends 5500 bones on face cream that is created by the leaves of some plant that only grows on one mountian in Kuala-Lampur and how 25 villagers had to die to make that one bottle, and how one of the dudes from In-Sync likes to drink this special 2500 dollar vodka flown in from Russia weekly and hand made from golden potatoes which are only touched by the skin of a virgin, and how when he wants to take a vacation, P Diddy rents and entire cruise liner and staffs it fully and sails to a secret island with 100 hot college aged bisexual women aboard. Ok so I exaggerated slightly, but I digress. The episode I caught was "The Fabulous Life of Victoria and David Beckham"

Most of you probably don't have a clue who either of these two are and I wouldn't really expect you to. Victoria is formerly of the pop group "The Spice Girls" (aka: Posh Spice or as I called her, the hot one) and David is the worlds biggest and most recognizeable athlete (Here are some pics if you're interested). Bigger than Jordan, bigger than McGuire, bigger than Warren Sapp (not in size though cause Sapp is a big-fat-fatty). "How can this be?" you may ask yourself. Well it's quite simple really. David Beckham plays soccer, a sport that people in the US don't give two fat shits about. But the rest of the world well thats a different question. This guy may indeed be the arbiter of coolness. The James Bond of the sports / pop world. He's bigger than Michael "crazy man" Jackson was at the apex of his career if you can believe that. People do some crazy shit all in the name of this guy. He has a movie named for him (you may have heard about "Bend it Like Beckham" this summer), Buddhist monks in Thiland have erected a gold statue of him that they pray to daily (that is not a joke), and one obsessed woman went through every room in a hotel at which he recently stayed and licked every toilet seat just so she was sure she licked the seat that his ass was on (I swear I'm not making this shit up). Now, while that shit is just a bit overboard, the guy is apparently a pretty classy fellow. Kick ass athelete, relatively shy and modest, rich as hell, and the posterboy for metrosexuals everywhere. He and Victoria are the Marylin Monroe & Joe DiMaggio of England in the 21st century. I kind of hate the fact that I am even posting about this since I am typicaly not the sort for celebrity worship, but I was pretty impressed to say the least.

Update!!! Here is a link to an article confirming that there really is a statue of David Beckham in a Buddhist temple.

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates