Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Tuesday, November 18, 2003
Well last night was interesting. On my way home from the Majestic at about 2:00 AM last night, I ran into some problems, literally ran into them. I had been raining so hard here for so long that westbound highway 40 was totally impassable. It was a damn lake. Once I made it on the highway, after barely making it through the flooded Kingshighway on ramp, I rounded the corner just past the Science Center to see three cars screeching to a halt and three cars a few feet ahead of them going pretty much no where. Once I pulled up to see what the hell was going on, I realized that the entire width of the highway was covered in like two feet of standing water for at least 30 - 40 yards in front of me. It looked like something out of a disaster movie. One of the cars was a Camaro that was pretty much up to his windows in water. No way I was even trying to get through that with my little Civic. So before anymore cars had the chance to roll up behind me, I threw it into reverse and headed for the shoulder. I then proceeded to drive backwards on the shoulder of the highway in the pitch black pouring down rain against the flow of traffic after I had been drinking all night. People were honking at me like I was an idiot but it was all worth it to see those same people slam their cars into that lake at 40 MPH or so. Dumb asses. I must say I am a pretty skillful driver. I made it all the back to the Kingshighway on ramp from where the lake was (just before the Hampton exit) and I stayed on the shoulder the whole time. Then I backed up the Kingshighway ramp all the way up to the top, tossed it in drive, and headed home. The rest of the trip was still a bit crazy. Constant hydroplaning and low visibility, not to mention two or three accidents, but highway 44 was in way better condition. I would love to seen what the 40 & 170 interchange looked like. That area floods even in a light drizzle.

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates