Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Tuesday, January 06, 2004
Being sick blows. It's one thing to get sick, take some meds, and then get better but this is ridiculous! Here's how my last month has gone as far as illnesses are concerned:

Dec 10 - 13: Mild sinus infection, no big deal. Kleenex, lots of water, and some Vitamin C right??

Dec 14 - 20: Sore throat kicks in early AM on Sunday the 14th, I head back to bed and wake up at noon with about a 100 degree fever. By the next evening its pushing 103 degrees. I've got the full blown flu. My fever tops out early on Wednesday at about 104.6 degrees. All the horrible symptoms are there too, massive headache, full on body aches, sore throat, cough, chills & sweats, etc. I finally feel well enough on Saturday night to attend Karyn's holiday party.

Dec 20 - 22: Still recovering from the flu, a heavy cough sets in trying to kick up all the congestion that had drained into my chest while sleeping over the course of the past week. YUM!!

Dec 26 - 28: Nasty abdominal pains begin. I have no clue what caused them or what it could possibly be. Bad gas pains and lots of time on the old crapper. I won't go into any more detail than that.

Dec 28 - 31: Muscle pains from hell all the way from my lower back up through my neck to the base of my skull and into my shoulders. No idea what this is a result of either. I could pin it on sitting through the ROTK for 4 hours but I've seen movies that long before with no problem. I suppose I could have just slept really funny but this was some seriously intense pain. Could it be an annual reminder of my car accident from last year which happened almost exactly one year ago from the day I started getting the pains? Like Frodo's knife wound at Weathertop, it may never fully heal. I'll have to sail from the Havens.

Jan 4 - Present: Back pains have been popping up mildly again as well as symptoms of a head/chest cold. I can't wait to see what happens next.

Maybe it's time I go see the doctor and do some sort of a "Quarter-Life Checkup". I've actually been meaning to do something like that. They recommend it at 20, 25, 30, 35 and then every other year after that. Maybe this past month is the motivator.

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates