Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Thursday, January 08, 2004
In case no one noticed yet, I did post two new songs up on the "Music of the Moment" list. I did decide to go ahead and do it as a rotating top ten list, which of course will be in no particular order. I'll just rotate out the songs that have been up the longest as I put fresh songs on the list. I may at some point do an album of the month feature which will be basically a complete albums worth of tracks available to be downloaded as a .ZIP file. Should be great for those of you with CD burners. Anyway, here's a bit about the new songs:

Howie Day - Come Lay Down: A dark and slightly psychedelic pop rock song with some neat effects and excellent background noises. Reminds me of a mix between Dishwalla and some "The Bendz" era Radiohead. Excellent strong chorus with fluid transitions.

Damien Rice - Amie: Extremely mellow and sad song. Like most of the rest of his album. But it's a great love song with a beautiful melody. It almost sounds like part of a movie score. Oh, and the string arrangements are truly beautiful, especially towards the end of the song.

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates