Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Tuesday, January 06, 2004
I've been meaning to post about the Blues lately. But now I'm not sure if I want to. When I first intended to write about them back in early December, we were essentially tied for first place in the Central with Detroit (with 6 games in hand on them), had one of the best records in the NHL, in the midst of a 9-1-3 streak, and we were first in the ESPN power rankings over the entire NHL. Now on the other hand, we are on a huge skid of mediocrity. Our record since the end of that nice streak is now 2-4-2, not impressive to say the least. We need to get our heads back in these games and realize that come spring time, these games mean as much now as the ones do in March and April. Our goal scoring is way down, and our defense is allowing miscues that the normally strong Blues D would never do, and the chemistry on our top line seems to be fizzling out a bit. I'm impressed with some of our rookies, Danton, Nickalus, Backman, and Rycroft especially, but some of our second and third year guys aren't doing much. Jamal Mayers, Christian LaFlamme, Khavanov, Salvador, Finley, and Boguniecki have only 5 goals and 9 assists between the six of them. Granted, Boguniecki has been hurt most of the season and most of those players are defense, but someone has to start scoring besides Tkachuk, Weight, Demitra, and Drake. Hopefully now that most of the major injuries are done with, (knock on wood) except Macinnis of course, we can start to get our swagger back. I guess we'll see in April.

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates