Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Tuesday, January 06, 2004
Besides the fact that it was the holidays which are always hectic, and I was sick a bunch the past few weeks, and I had tons of friends in town over the holidays, here's another excuse for my lack of blogging: Busy as hell at work.

Usually we are pretty slow here this time of year, maybe a few spotlight or wireless microphone rentals to churches and schools that are putting on holiday pageants and theater productions, but other than that usually we are dead in the water. I was planning on taking off the Friday after both Christmas and New Years to give myself back-to-back four day weekends. This was apparently not in the cards for me since we got so busy all the sudden. We just had a four city tour leave the shop yesterday for the Discovery Channels new "Health Challenge" program, something we had been prepping for over the past three weeks or so. Last week we had received a call to do some lights, sound, staging, and curtains for all the Rams press conferences throughout the playoffs so we had to go set that up. We also did some production for the Celebrate 2004 New Years celebration in Forest Park which took up a bunch of time. Then Saturday we had a last minute call to produce an event for Hillary Clinton at the Chase Park Plaza Hotel. Not to mention that we helped out with the presidents visit to St. Louis yesterday. All in all I've only had three days off since the 22nd of December and that includes Christmas and New Years Day. Normally that wouldn't be something I would complain about, but over the holidays it sucks trying to balance illness, family stuff, going out with your friends, and working just about everyday. Especially when everyone else you know is on vacation. I was going to take a day or two off this week just to get caught up on personal stuff that I have been falling behind on, but maybe I'll just try to cram in as much overtime as I can get while I have the chance.

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates