Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Tuesday, February 03, 2004
I had pretty much given up on the Blues Stanley cup chances once Jackman and Macinnis went down for the season. Now I'm slowly starting to give up on even our playoff chances. Earlier this season we had the second best record in the NHL and were ahead of Detroit in the standings by several points. Now we sit in ninth place in the Western Conference and are in jeopardy of missing the playoffs for the first time in 25 years. We're in the midst of our worst stretch of hockey in six years with only 5 wins in our last 23 games and going winless in our last seven. As I watched the team play last night, they looked like they were playing the first game of a playoff series. Fire, grit, passion, determination. They were out working the Minnesota Wild completely but couldn't buy a goal for a million bucks. We lost the game 4-0 even though we outplayed and outshot them. I don't have a clue what's going on but we just can't catch a break. The team is so frustrated we started seven fights last night. I'm just hoping we can win a good 60% of our remaining games and jump into the playoffs so we can keep the streak alive. Then we can start looking ahead to next year.

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates