Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Monday, February 02, 2004
Well that was an interesting football game. What started off promising to be one of the worst Superbowls in history actually ended up being pretty exciting. It's hard to believe that through the first 27 minutes of the game there was no score and the Panthers had -2 total yards of offense. As much as I can appreciate the defensive strategy in the game of football, I must say it makes for pretty boring games. The next 33 minutes of the game were much more exciting and the fourth quarter was so intense it was as if I actually had some real emotion invested in one of those teams. I think everyone at Takis house was clearly rooting for the Panthers since pretty much everyone there had some reason or another to hate the Patriots. It's a shame that they didn't get the "W" though. I think it wasn't so much that we really cared if Panthers won or not, but more to see Tom Brady cry like a baby if the Patriots lost. Maybe the rumors are true. The "Patriots" rise from obscurity to win two Superbowls both in years where our country is at war. Hmmmm. Government payoff to the NFL? Or is it because of Adam Vinatieri's mob ties (he's obviously Italian)? I guess we'll never know. I do know that there are enough drunken idiots in Boston to kill one and injure dozens during the "celebration" though. Some way to celebrate guys.

Other than the Panthers loss, I was also severely disappointed in the commercials this year. The "Flaming Horse Fart" commercial was good, and there were a few more that were worth a chuckle, but it seemed like this year the commercials were lacking their usual hilarity.

Janet Jackson's boob shot was a shocker, although whenever you get MTV involved in any sort of production, there's bound to be something funky that's going to go down. Maybe that was one big "Punked" prank on the NFL and CBS. I can just see Ashton Kutcher laughing in front of a video monitor somewhere. I knew as soon as it happened that the shit was going to hit the fan for CBS and the NFL, and it certainly did. I don't think it was such a big deal during the game as it is today now that the media has jumped all over it. Most people I talked to didn't even see it much less give two shits about it. There was a damn streaker before the second half started and no one is making a big deal out of that. The funniest quote I read regarding the issue was from some woman who said something to the effect of "What are other people going to think of our country after seeing this? The Superbowl airs all over the world!" Lady, had this been any other country there would have been boobies scheduled to be in the halftime show. Remember folks, the great US of A is the most sexually uptight country in the civilized world. Pretty much every country in Europe has nudity on the news and even in commercials and some of them have it in prime time no less.

But hey, the party was a good time. The food was delicious and abundant. I think we have enough left over for two more Superbowl parties. Everyone that I expected to show up did so with the exception of that bitch Han (Miller). And hey, where was Todd and the Torque? Maybe Pete can answer those questions now that he can comment. The HDTV looked awesome and later on we played some NFL2K3 and some SSX3 on the tube. But not before the ice skating contest on Takis back porch. And certainly not before consuming obscene amounts of liquor (I know I put away at least a 12 pack of brew and 2.5 bourbon slushies). Hey, and the ice even held off long enough for everyone to make it home safely. All things considered a great day. Too bad we have to wait another 365 days for the next one.

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates