Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Wednesday, February 11, 2004
I understand the concept of impulse purchasing, but sometimes I wonder what the hell these people that run gas stations are thinking sometimes. Yes, I understand gum and cigarette lighters at the counter, and newspapers and magazines in line at the grocery store, hell I can even understand the sunglasses rack at Quiktrip. But today I walked into a gas station and saw fucking DVD's on the shelves. DVD's??? And not the like the newest "blockbuster" to come out, I'm talking about some really obscure films. I just don't get it. Who in the hell says, "Hey man I really want to go buy a new movie. Let's head up to the Mobil station!" I've seen tons of other strange shit sold at gas stations as well, too much stuff to name here. And those truck stops/gas stations/restaurants/hotels/brothels in the middle of no where are the worst about this. You know, the ones with a Country Kitchen or Waffle House attached to them and a damn video arcade by the bathrooms. Man, some of those places are like small department stores. They sell some of the stupidest shit imaginable. Is anyone driving across the country and gets the sudden urge to buy a Halloween style clown costume? Or tweety bird boxer shorts? Or the complete recordings of John Denver boxed set? I think you get my point.

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates