Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Friday, February 06, 2004
In case you didn't notice yet, I just added some contact features over in the side bar on the right. The first two links are the standard "Email Me" and "IM Me" links that will automatically open a new mail page or new IM window pre-addressed to me. The third link is something I just discovered I could do last night while browsing through the Verizon Wireless homepage. I always knew that you could text message someone via and Email, or via AOL Instant Messenger (if that particular phone supports AOL IM), but I think this may be much easier. Clicking that link will now redirect you to my personal Text Message home page which will load a form so that you can easily send my cell phone a text message without having to remember my number. I even has two spaces for you to enter your contact info, either a reply Email or IM address, or a call back phone number. They even let me customize the message to the sender at the top of the form and let me choose my own cheesy background (the palm trees) when I was setting up the page. This is a free service that Verizon offers to all their customers. You still have to pay for the text messages of course but most plans have them included. If not they only cost two cents per incoming message and 10 cents for each outgoing message. They also offer a ton of other great services on there for text messaging. For instance, I will now receive text message updates at the end of every period of the Blues games to inform me of the score, every third inning in the Cardinals games, and at the end of every quarter of the Rams games. I can also get, specific news updates, weather, stock watches, even music news from Rolling Stone, or a joke of the day from Maxim magazine plus tons of other stuff. They also have a page for me that is similar to an address book so that I can "quick text" phone numbers I store on there. The page even had about 100 pre loaded commonly used phrases that you can select from a drop-down menu so you don't have to type. Phrases like "What time?", "Where are you?", "See you soon", "Where should we meet?", etc, etc. This could turn out to be really handy if you ask me.

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates