Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Wednesday, July 07, 2004
As much as I love Anheuser-Busch products and even their advertising campaigns (see: "Real Men of Genius, Whazzaaup, Frogs, etc.), I hate them for one reason. They have completely ruined the song "Simple Man" by Lynyrd Skynyrd for me for the rest of my life. I used to like that song, especially when I was just a wee lad starting out my passion for Rock & Roll. But anyone who watches (or listens to) sports is bombarded every other commercial break by a Busch beer add containing that song. Certainly here in St. Louis at least. Now, once or twice a game I could understand. But every inning is pretty ridiculous. Come on guys, I know your target Busch beer market are Skynyrd fans but please, how bout some Alabama or Charlie Daniels Band?

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates