Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Monday, August 16, 2004
HA-HA-HA-HA!! A jovial laugh that goes out to the egotistical meatheads of the U.S. Olympic Basketball team. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of the Olympics in general and root for the U.S. to snatch medals in every event. But the touted men's basketball "dream team" which should easily dominate every opponent, lost to Puerto Rico yesterday 92-73. Embarrassing really. We know that the professional basketball players that make up our team are by far more talented, and famous, and wealthier. But Bentleys, Armani suits, big endorsement deals, and cameos in Master P videos don't win gold medals. Heart does. Something that's been missing from the NBA since the days of Jordan, Johnson, and Bird. No wonder I hate that league. I really do hope we shape up and come back to win the gold. Not so much for the players sake, but for the fans rather. If we don't, I'd like to see them revert back to the days when the athletes that were in the Olympics were there to fulfill a dream, and compete with passion..... not to advertise their newest line of shoes. Put the college boys back in and let them have a chance. They may not have the talent, but at least they'll give a 100% every time they touch the ball.

On another related Olympic note, I watched some team handball last night. Pretty fun stuff. Not like the one on one handball we play here in the U.S. Much faster paced and tougher. Imagine equal parts basketball, water polo (without the water) and soccer. High scoring, high speed, and easy enough you could set up a game in your backyard with a couple of well built nets. Check out the official Team USA Handball site for more info on the game. I imagine whipping balls at a goal as hard as you can could be quite fun.

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates