Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Tuesday, August 10, 2004
While sitting in my basement eating some Steak 'n Shake and watching some tube on Sunday evening (actually early Monday morning), I heard a disturbingly loud noise from my backyard. I jumped up and surveyed the darkness to find nothing out of the ordinary so I stepped back inside. After a minute or two I heard a constant low tone cycling noise. I decided to check it out. I hopped in my car and followed the origin of the noise towards the end of my street. Turns out there was a massive car accident and the low noise I was hearing were the firetruck engines. Pretty bad crash too. I checked it out further on the way to work in the morning. It looked like a car had jumped the curb at the corner of Sulphur Springs Rd and Cardinal Ln (for those of you familiar with the area) and slammed through a wooden fence, taken out the corner of a greenhouse, and then back out the other side of the fence. A few people I spoke to heard about it on the news, but I couldn't find a story at any of the local internet news sources (that was until the L-Train found it for me this morning). Karyn tells me that it was a Missouri state representative that fell asleep at the wheel on his way back home from Jefferson City. We're all betting "dollars to doughnuts" he was on the sauce though. Probably with some hookers.

Oh, and on my way back the night after checking out the accident in my car, I came about a foot from walking right into the web of a brown recluse spider. A really big one I might add. I hate spiders with a passion, so I killed that mo-fo dead barbecue style. A lighter and a can of aerosol insect killer. A poisonous blowtorch is how he met his end. Like I said, I hate spiders. If you do too, go check out this website for a good scare that will make your skin crawl.

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates