Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Wednesday, August 11, 2004
Pre-season Football begins tomorrow for the Rams. I won't be watching much of it, and probably not too many of the early season games either (at least until the baseball season is over). Here's my take on the Rams chances this year.

We'll be lucky if we go 10-6. Realistically, I'd be happy with a 9-7 record which should be enough to win our division or squeak out a wild card berth. With the injuries to the O-line, and the fact that Orlando Pace is a worthless piece of shit and won't be in shape until mid-season, combined with the loss of a couple of key players, topped off with the steady decline in performance of Marshall Faulk, we're just not a top tier team anymore. Our vets are getting older and falling out of their prime, and our younger players aren't performing up to expectations. We also face a formidable lineup of teams in the AFC east this year, as well as a much better Arizona Cardinals team and a solid Seahawks Squad twice each. I hope I'm eating these words while I watch us in the Superbowl in January, but I don't think I will be. Rams fans have been spoiled with the "greatest show on turf" over the past few years and it's time to come back to football reality. There's a lot of parity in this league and the age of dynasties is drawing to an end. Let's here what you all think. Make your official prediction in the comments section.

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates