Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Monday, August 09, 2004
I'm busier at work today than I thought I was going to be. So instead of writing a bunch of long drawn out detailed posts, I thought I would cover all my bases by doing one big blog entry covering a bunch of different topics. So here goes....

Ahhh... A breath of fresh air as our President finally speaks the truth about what is on his mind.

Here's a fun and challenging game that Pete sent me. The object is to attempt to walk a drunken bar patron home from the pub using your mouse cursor (which is invisible). It's pretty tough. My record so far is 62 meters. BTW, all the instructions are in German. Good luck, and post your high scores in the comments section.

I know most of you have already heard this news, but I'd still like to comment on how pleased I am that the new Cardinals baseball stadium will indeed keep the name Busch Stadium for at least the next 20 years. A lot of people I know, myself included, were hoping for something along the lines of "Jack Buck Memorial Stadium" but I knew that not even the most sympathetic and sensitive St. Louis community based corporation would pay millions of buckaziods to NOT have their name put on the building. Wishful thinking I suppose, but still it would have been a nice gesture. At least it's not going to end up being Purina Park, Monsanto Field, or god forbid The A.G. Edwards Center. The Edward Jones Dome is a dorky enough name for a St. Louis sports venue, we don't need two. I suppose I could have dealt with Energizer Park though. That's got a decent ring to it.

Speaking of the Cards, Walt Jocketty pulled another fabulous deal out of left field, or more appropriately right field. On Friday night during the game the Cardinals acquired right fielder Larry Walker and 7.5 million bucks from the Colorado Rockies in exchange for almost nothing (a single A league pitcher and two players to be named later, one of which will almost certainly be John Gall). Walker is a five time all star, has won seven gold gloves, was 1997's NL MVP, has won three batting titles, is a career .315 hitter, has hit at least 30 homers in 4 different seasons, and 100 RBI's in at least 5 different seasons. Pretty amazing stats. Placing him anywhere in the lineup 2nd through 7th will make for an all around intimidating lineup. And with the way our pitchers can hit, it's even scarier. Hey Cubbies... we'll see your Nomar and raise you one Walker. You may have 3 aces in your deck, but we've got 4 kings. I'll take that hand any day.

That's all for now. I'll update again later this afternoon.

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates