Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Friday, August 27, 2004
I'm sure most of you reading this got the email (or otherwise heard about) the national DUI crack-down over the next few weeks. At first glance I thought there was a distinct possibility that it could have been a scare tactic with just a hint of truth in it. Maybe a couple of checkpoints scattered throughout the area over the next couple of weeks. However yesterday while listening to the radio, the announcer said that the city, county, and highway patrol in cooperation with local municipalities had plans to establish DWI checkpoints at the bottom of every exit ramp on every major highway in St. Louis (40, 44, 55, 70, and 270) on Friday and Saturday nights from 10pm - 3am. Even this I was kind of skeptical about. That would require an insane amount of extra officers on duty in every local municipality. However last night on my way home from the Majestic, my attitude changed quite a bit. No checkpoints setup last night, but within a span of 20 miles or so on the highway I saw 8 drivers doing "stupid human tricks" on the side of the road. To say the least I jumped off the highway quickly and stuck to the neighborhood roads the rest of the way home. So fair warning; look out this weekend and every evening until September 12th when the campaign is supposed to officially end. Although I would imagine that they'll only test & arrest the drunkest of the drivers they catch. You can't hold and process 1000 people a night for drunk driving.

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates