Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Tuesday, August 24, 2004
Another silly Olympic Sport: Road Walking (also known as Run-Walking, or Race-Walking). It's basically a mini-marathon race (20km for women & 50km for men). But here's the trick.... you can't run! Imagine a race that hinders you from going as fast as you can. Sounds pretty lame-o to me. I'd guess that would have to be one of the most boring events to watch at the games.

I wonder what kind of training you have to go through to qualify for the Olympics in this event? I imagine it looks something like the Bud Light "low carb Olympics" commercials. How do you win in this sport anyway? If everyone is essentially just walking, I guess it all depends on slight variations in technique, length of your stride, and endurance.

I'm certainly not making fun of these athletes. I'm sure they are in great shape and could whoop my ass at "race walking" or even running for that matter. But really, how can you have shit like this at the Olympics but not events like Skateboarding or Rollerblading?

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates