Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Draft Day Report

Last night was the big Fantasy Football Draft at the Majestic. After tossing a few cold ones down the hatch, we set up the big dry erase board and went at it. Looks like we're going to have 10 teams in our league this year. We ended up picking 14 players for each team (1-QB, 2-RB's, 2-WR's, 1-TE, 1-kicker, 1-team defense, & 6 additional bench players at any position). My starting line is as follows:

QB - Donovan McNabb - Eagles
RB - Jamal Lewis - Ravens
RB - Kevan Barlow - 49er's
WR - Marvin Harrison - Colts
WR - Joe Horn - Saints
TE - Alge Crumpler - ATL
K - Mike Vanderjagt - Colts
D - Kansas City Chiefs

When I left last night, I wasn't too thrilled with my picks. After looking through a couple of this years projections though, I feel much better about my picks. In fact, among most of the 2004 pre-season projections I saw, all my starters were ranked in the top ten in each category. Which in theory would make sense since there are 10 teams in our league. Except that both my RB's and WR's were consistently ranked in the Top 10 which gives me at least a statistical advantage over a few other teams in my league. But hey, this is football.... so I'm not counting my chickens just yet.

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates