Here's all the stuff I need to get off my chest, rant about, praise a little, offend you with, or otherwise make available for everyone to read.

Contact Me
My Homies' Blogs
Crapspace Profiles of People I Know
St. Louis Blogs
My Favorite Restaurants & Bars
Cardinals Links
Other Sports Links
Local Music Links
Other Music Links
News & Weather
Logic & Reasoning
Funny Shit
Previous Posts

Archives

Quarter Life Crisis

Friday, September 17, 2004

HDTV

Last weekend, my parents finally got out to visit my brother at work at Circuit City. Of course they weren't really there to visit, they were there to buy our first HDTV on his sweet employee discount. So here's what they got. Pretty sweet if you ask me. Sure we could have gone bigger, but the room it's going in is going to act as a second TV room and is only about 10' x 10'. Charter Cable has already been contacted about coming out and upgrading our cable from the digital signal to the HD signal and giving us the new cable boxes with the DV (digital video) output. A couple of features that I really dig on the new TV (besides the HighDef picture of course) are:

- 9 video inputs, one of which is co-axial cable only, one is DVI only, 4 are component video, and the remaining 3 are S-video or composite (One of which is on the side of the TV for easy access. This input also has an RGB connection for computer signals.)

- A slot on the front for SD picture or video cards. Pretty cool cause my FujiFinePix Digital camera just happens to use that type of media. Now I can view any pictures I take on an HDTV screen.

- A nice split screen function which enables you to watch two different channels (even if they are coming from the same video source) simultaneously. You only get the sound from one of the channels, but I'm sure it will come in handy when you've got multiple football games going on at the same time.

- The fact that instead of being a CRT projection screen, it's an LCD projection screen. This means no picture tube. Making the 43" TV weigh only 68 pounds and only 13" deep. Easy to move whenever we need to.

Maybe I'll have some folks over to watch some Cardinals baseball games during the playoffs and possibly some Rams games as well.

Powered for Blogger by Blogger templates